CDC is a customer service focused wholesaler of pharmaceutical, OTC and veterinary products whose goal is to make your business better, now and in the future.
Established and operating since 1927 in Christchurch, CDC expanded into the North Island via its Lower Hutt facility in 2001. In 2012 CDC purchased Southern Medical Products Ltd Dunedin. This added the SMP Veterinary business to CDC’s mix, a natural and exciting extension to the CDC Co-operative, continuing the excellence in service CDC members have come to expect.
Not only is CDC the wholesaler of choice in the South Island, with a significant share of the greater Wellington market our reach also extends to customers in Auckland, hospitals throughout NZ and partnerships with two North Island co-operative wholesalers bringing joint marketing and industry expertise.
CDC’s priority is excellent customer service, focussing on top “in stock” availability across a full line inventory, dedicated experienced staff plus superior financial returns for its co-operative members.
Our emphasis is an approachable, flexible and professional manner of doing business coupled with our ability to respond with urgency to customer needs.
At CDC our profits are returned to pharmacies.... that is the co-operative advantage.
The value of being part of a co-operative cannot be overstated.
The very nature of a co-operative is that the supplier/customer relationship is mutually rewarding. If the co-operative is successful, the member is successful and vice versa. Both CDC and the pharmacy are key players working together, ensuring the needs of both can be realised for the benefit of all. This is not necessarily so in other supplier/customer relationships where outside investors are more interested in financial returns for themselves than maximising customer benefits.
Support yourself by supporting CDC.... your co-operative
• CDC puts the customer first – customer service is not something that we merely talk about… it is what we do.
• A top “in stock” full range of products… available when you need it.
• Our experienced staff are available to help – be that product information, buying-in of difficult to procure products or
• Free confidential and extensive business benchmarking information, a very valuable tool for your pharmacy business.
• Free valuations and advice when buying, selling or merging businesses.
• Free pharmacy brokering services.
• Financial assistance for purchasing, re-fitting, re-organising businesses.
• Supplier “Turnover / Travellers” orders are processed immediately. CDC passes on
all supplier promotional benefits plus CDC terms of trade discounts.
• Staffing and locum placement services.
• Monthly “Bulletin” providing a platform for suppliers to promote product and
special deals to pharmacy.
• Member access to our website, providing “real time” information for stock and price
enquiries, ordering ability, your purchasing history information plus many other
• A proactive approach to business, yours and ours.
If you are interested in finding out more about CDC Pharmaceuticals and the benefits of membership please contact us.